Make Your Small Eyes Pop With These Makeup Tips
Are you blessed with small eyes? Many women believe that having small eyes is a curse, but we beg to differ! With the right makeup techniques, you can make your small eyes appear bigger, brighter, and more beautiful than ever before. Read on to discover our top tips for making your small eyes pop. Trust us – once you try these makeup tricks, you’ll never want to go back to your old routine!
Makeup techniques for small eyes
- Start with a light base: Instead of piling on heavy concealer, opt for a light foundation or BB cream to make your eyes appear bigger. This will brighten up the area and create an even canvas for the rest of your makeup look.
- Add definition: Using mascara and eyeliner can help define the natural shape of your eyes, making them appear larger. Sweep a thin line of eyeliner across the top lash line and blend it out at the outer corners for a subtle cat eye effect. Then, apply one or two coats of mascara to both upper and lower lashes for added definition.
- Brighten up: Use light-reflecting eyeshadows in shades of white, champagne, and pink to make your eyes pop. In addition, you can use a light wash of shimmery color across the entire lid or add a highlight to the inner corners for an extra brightening effect.
- Open up: To really draw attention to your eyes, curl your lashes with a lash curler and apply volumizing mascara to give them more of an open, wide-eyed look. Then use false eyelashes for added drama and dimension!
- Add sparkle: Apply glittery shadow or liner along the lower lash line for a beautiful sparkle that will make your eyes look brighter and larger in an instant. You can also dab a bit of highlighter onto the inner corner of each eye for a subtle twinkle.
- Finish with liner: To make your eyes look bigger and brighter, line the inner rim of each eye with a white or nude eyeliner pencil. This will open up the entire eye area and give you an instantly wide-eyed look!
Follow these tips for beautiful, bright eyes that will stand out in any makeup look! With just a few simple steps, you can have big, bold eyes that will turn heads wherever you go. And don’t forget to pair your glamorous eye look with a bold lip color—it’s the perfect combination for making a statement this season!
Makeup mistakes you’re probably making if you have small eyes
- Applying dark eyeshadow: Dark colors tend to make your eyes appear smaller, so it’s best to avoid using heavy eye shadows that are too deep or dark in tone. Opt instead for light and airy shades like taupes, champagnes, and beiges that will open up the eye area.
- Not blending your eyeshadow enough: When it comes to makeup application, blending is key! Especially when you have small eyes, blending helps create a seamless look with no harsh lines or edges that can make your eyes look even smaller.
- Overdoing the eyeliner: Using a little eyeliner around the lash line is okay, but applying too much can make your eyes look even smaller. Stick to a thin line or opt for a smudged liner look instead.
- Using white eyeliner: White eyeliner is a no-no if you have small eyes! The stark contrast will only make your eyes appear smaller and won’t do anything to brighten them up. Instead, stick to lighter colors such as taupe, light brown, and champagne that will open up the eye area and create a more natural look.
- Not using mascara on the lower lashes: When it comes to mascara application, remember to coat your lower lashes as well! This will help elongate the lash line and create an illusion of bigger eyes.
- Overdoing the highlighter: You may be tempted to use a lot of shimmery highlighter around the eye area, but this can make your eyes appear even smaller and accentuate any flaws in your eye shape. Instead, stick to using only a tiny bit on the inner corners of your eyes, or opt for a matte highlight instead.
- Not curling your lashes: Curling your lashes is an easy way to make your eyes look bigger and brighter instantly! Make sure to curl them before applying mascara so that you get maximum lift and volume from the curls.
- Misapplying false lashes: While false lashes can add length and definition to small eyes, they can make your eyes appear smaller if they need to be appropriately applied. Make sure to follow the natural shape of your eye when applying them, and use only a few at a time, so it looks balanced.
- Overdoing the concealer: This is especially important if you have small eyes! Applying too much concealer around the eye area can make your eyes look even smaller and cause creasing throughout the day. So stick to using only a tiny bit of product, and blend it out well for a natural-looking finish.